KOLKATA- COM.DILIP DAS, CIRCLE VICE PRESIDENT ADDRESSING
KOLKATA- COM.DILIP DAS, CIRCLE VICE PRESIDENT ADDRESSING
CHENNAI TELECOM DISTRICT- COM.C.K.NARASIMHAN,CS ADDRESSING
COIMBATORE- COM.P.B.RADHAKRISHNAN, DS ADDRESSING
COM.G.G.PATIL, AGS INAUGURATING AT HUBLI.
COM.G.B.SALAKKI, FORMER CHQ TREASURER ADDRESSING AT BIJAPUR
COM.N.GURUPRASAD, CIRCLE SECRETARY INAUGURATING AT ALAPPUZHA.
COM.N.P.PETER, DISTRICT SECRETARY ADDRESSING AT ERNAKULAM
COM.V.C.LOOKOSE, CIRCLE ORGANISING SECRETARY ADDRESSING AT VAIKOM.
COM.V.A.N.NAMBOODIRI, ADVISOR INAUGURATING AT KOZHIKODE.
KANNUR- COM.K.RAJAN, ACS ADDRESSING
KOLLAM- COM.N.SASIDHARAN NAIR, DS ADDRESSING.
PALAKKAD- COM.K.VASUDEVAN, DS ADDRESSING
THRISSUR- COM.C.T.JOSE, CIRCLE ORG SECRETARY ADDRESSING.
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi -110011
Dated 17th November, 2017
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief or the Air Staff
Subject: Eligibility of widowed/divorced daughter for grant of Family Pension – clarification.
The undersigned is directed to state that the provision for grant of family pension to a widowed/divorced daughter beyond the age of 25 years has been made vide GoI, Ministry of personnel, P.C. & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare 0M No.1/19/03-(E) dated 2S.08.2004 Circulated vide GoI MOD letter No.878/A/D(Pen/Sers)/04 dated 21.09.2004 applying the same provision to the Armed Force Personnel.
2. It was clarified vide Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, P.G- & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare OM No.1/13/09-P&PW (E) dated 11.09.2013 circulated vide MOD ID No.1(9)/2013/D(Pen/Pol) dated 16.09.2015, the family pension is payable to the children as they are considered to be dependent on the Government servant/pensioner or his/her spouse. A child who is not earning equal to or more than the sum of minimum family pension and dearness relief thereon is considered to be dependent on his/her parents. Therefore, only those children who are dependent and meet other conditions of eligibility for family pension at the time of death of the Government servant or his/her spouse, whichever is later, are eligible for family pension. If two or more children are eligible for family pension at that time, family pension will be payable to each child on his/her turn provided he/she is still eligible for family pension when the turn come. Accordingly, divorced daughters who fulfil other conditions are eligible for family pension if a decree of divorce had been issued by the competent court during the life time of at least one of the parents.
3. Grievances were being received from various quarters that the divorce proceedings are a long drawn procedure which take many years before attaining finality. There are many cases in which the divorce proceedings of a daughter of Government employee/pensioner had been instituted in the competent court during the life of one or both Government employee/pensioner & spouse, but none of them was alive by the time the decree of divorce was granted by the competent authority.
4. The matter has been examined in this department and it has been decided that the clarification “grant family pension to a divorced daughter in such cases where the divorce proceedings had been filed tn a competent court during the life time of the employee/pensioner or his/her spouse but divorce took place after their death-provided the claimant fulfils all other conditions for grant of family pension. In such cases, the family pension will commence from the date of divorce” given by Government of India. Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions’, Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare vide 0M No.1/13/09- P&PW (E) dated 19.07.2017 would also apply mutatis mutandis to divorced daughters of Armed Force personnel.
5. This issues with the concurrence ofthe Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No.10(09)/2015/Fin/Pen dated 17.10.2017.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of Indi
Though the crime rate is reducing in Japan, a lot of elderly people are seeking jail by committing small offences to escape isolation by going in to jail. A report from WFTU is given below:
“The number of elderly prisoners in Japan has quadrupled, even though crime reached record lows in 2016, according to data released yesterday show that elderly people looking for a “home” in prison. A total of 2,498 people over 65 were admitted to prison last year, a figure four times higher than those who were imprisoned in 1997, indicated in the White Paper on crime published by the Ministry of Justice Japan. Of that number, 70.2% were repeat offenders, which shows a complex reality in the Japanese country where older people seek in prison a “home” to escape social isolation and poverty.
Most older prisoners serving sentences in Japanese prisons lacked links with family, friends or neighbors before being hospitalized, according to a study conducted in prisons Nipponese by the lawyer of Keio University (Tokyo) Tatsuya Ota. Low public pensions is the average monthly compensation of 78,000 yen (609 euros) prevent these elderly acquire the services and commodities to survive and lead them to have to find part – time jobs or commit crimes.
However, crime in Japan reached a record low in 2016, when the number of crimes continued to fall until reaching just under a million, which is already the fourteenth consecutive year decline, driven partly by the drop in the number of thefts. These figures are the best that the country has achieved since the postwar period and reveal, according to the report, “significant improvements” in the crime rate.”
Com. M.Krishnan, SG Confederation of CG Employees and Workers has issued the following statement:
LATEST POSITION REGARDING MINIMUM PAY AND FITMENT FORMULA — GOVT INFORMED STAFFSIDE NATIONAL COUNCIL JCM THAT INCREASE IN MINIMUM PAY AND FITMENT FORMULA WILL NOT COME UNDER ANOMALY COMMITTEE ITEM.
During the last 2 – 3 months both print and electronic media are continuously reporting that increase in 7th CPC Minimum Pay and Fitment Factor is under serious consideration of the Govt. and National Anomaly Committee will give its recommendation to Govt. and orders for increased Minimum Pay and Fitment Formula will be given effect from April 2018. We are reproducing below a letter from Govt. dated 30.10.2017 addressed to Secretary, Staff Side , National Council JCM stating that the demand for increase in Minimum Pay and Fitment Formula will not come under the purview of National Anomaly Committee. Further Govt. has not yet constituted the HIGH LEVEL COMMITTEE for increasing Minimum Pay and Fitment Formula as assured by the Group of Ministers including Home Minister Sri Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley on 30.06.2016. The so-called Senior Officers Committee has also not discussed this agenda even though staff Side has repeatedly demanded discussion and settlement as per the assurance given by Senior Cabinet Ministers. Now 17 months are over. 32 lakhs Central Govt. Employees and 33 lakhs Pensioners are being continuously betrayed by the NDA Govt.
CENTRAL TRADE UNIONS CALL UPON THE WORKING CLASS
(Click the link to view)